Dubare Elephant camp is a project undertaken by forest department and Jungle Lodges and Resorts Ltd. This camp has plenty of elephants which are trained under naturalists A trained Naturalist is at hand to explain the various aspects of Elephant history, ecology and biology. The visitor can not only observe and learn but also participate in various activities involving Elephants.
The Karnataka Forest Department has about 150 Elephants in various camps and Dubare has been historically an important camp. The Elephants for the famous Mysore Dasara were trained at Dubare elephant camp. But presently after logging operations have ceased, the Forest Department does not really know what to do with all its elephants! They (elephants).
Cost ( Per Night )
|Occupancy||River View Cottage||Cottage||Day Visit||Elephant Camp Activities|
|Foreigner regular||Rs 6,147/-||Rs 5,208/-||Rs 1,690/-||Rs 885/-|
|Indian regular||Rs 5,904/-||Rs 5,208/-||Rs 1,447/-||Rs 885/-|
|Foreigner special||Rs 7,250/-||Rs 6,415/-||Rs 1,922/-||Rs 1,724/-|
|Indian special||Rs 7,007/-||Rs 6,171/-||Rs 1,679/-||Rs 960/-|
What is included in the tour
- Large Spacious AC rooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Ozone treated swimming pool & attached children's pool
- Elephants & Coffee, multi flavour restaurant
- Banduk Bar
- Earthglo-rejuvenation Spa
- The Cherry Hall
- The Huddle-board room
- Walker's track
- Sightseeing & transfers
- Golf at a nearby club
- River rafting-seasonal
- Plantation visit
- ADDITIONAL FACILITIES (AT EXTRA COST):
- Laundry Service
What is NOT included in the tour
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.